Saturday, August 19, 2006

Romania and knackered

I will start with a big apology for not writing a proper blog but I've been so tired that I've practically passed out every night. The road conditions here mean I can't do my usual day dreaming and blog writing up in my head while I drive. I have to be 100% focused on the road (and the mad trucks and 4x4 bullies, the ruts, the potholes, the hairpins, the horsecarts and chickens, old ladies and cows). Life is getting much harder. I realise that I really do love motorbikes because any sensible person would be doing this trip in a comfy landrover.

My little bit of biking advise is: take as little weight as possible off road and try to get your weight down and centrally placed on the bike. I'll explain this more later.

I think my time in the internet is up but it's been a good session for me as I've got to read emails and reply for a change. Thanks for writing. I love it. The email address is long-way-home@hotmail.co.uk.

And if any one has advice on the Middle East situation, please let me know. My window on the world is some what limited at the moment. We plan to travel through Turkey, Syria, Jordan, Egypt and Sudan.